Tuesday 21 February 2017

Foetal Thoughts


Foetal Thoughts

In the chamber of the one who is to give me birth,
Curl I like a ball brooding over my call to the earth
Wherein The Maker saw fit to place me. 
Thinking of all the sad tales told by my rejected little mates;
Those who would have been but rushed back with stories of sadness and hate,
I should be glad to be purged out like a pile of blood.
The expectants make a fuss at my coming
One could think the J-man was coming.
This brooding stance I have taken
To seek out the nuances surrounding my cage
I hope much answers would be given 
As I go away fulfilled in old age 
But the fussing of the expectants at my coming I look upon with worry
Will my stay mirror the tears of my tell-tale mates?
Will it revive my thoughts of woeful ills?

Nonye Anyichie 

No comments:

Post a Comment