Tuesday 28 February 2017

Behind All That


   The little I have experienced in this one score year and five I have been given is sure to make a compelling read; how much more what time has in store for me. I have known joy, I have known sadness,  sheer laughter and painful mistakes have also not been far from me. In silence I bear them all. You will never know. I give you chaff story now until I am ready to tell all. Secrets; I keep them. Some good, some bad. You tell me all of yours, I tell you 'all of mine' but you will never know them for sure. My life has taught me to create a facade and weave the main one into the creation. I only let you see what I want you to see and you'd be really satisfied with it. Now you get to read this you call me a double faced inventor? No my friend, I am not, for life throws us all stones. What we do with these stones is up to us; you build a wall, erect a cooking corner or build a house with them. I on my part, have chosen to create a wonderland with my stones. I no longer remember how they hurt, I have built my escape with them. I hope you understand because life happens to us all.                                      
   I look back at those past years in wonder and think how far I have come, though my years be not yet far spent. A lot of things happened, not a soul will hear or know about, save only those who came from same loins as I. Nature is unique I say, for sometimes it never lets what people are or what has happened show on their faces. People admire the build without knowing the silent pain and inner struggle. That is okay because you are not meant to know. My siblings and I; I call us The Five Stars. I remember our growing up years and marvel at our resilience. A lot happened that could take away one's sanity, but we are still here, admired and STRONG. The struggle, the anguish, the worry will never spring up again. It doesn't show. You will never know. We smile now because we must not cry; that is all. Great joy fills my heart now because I have come to realize that we are the roses that grew from concrete. We are strong indeed. Strength above weakness sums up our lives. We are the definition of strength reared by a woman I call STEEL. The future has great plans for us still, that is why we cannot now leave.                                                                      
   I often end my write ups with 'may we always remember', but a certain lady who owns this slogan will agree it isn't a suitable end note here. It is not a plea anymore but a statement of an unshakable fact because we can never forget. In all, never wonder at anyone's life and growth, you do not know how they got there, how they carried their life's stones and how they built an escape or really escaped. Never long to be any person in any way because if the 'real' person is revealed you will be too weak to measure up. Gathering thoughts, gathering memories of the yester years. 'Nkeiruka' is an Igbo name which means 'what's ahead is greater', while looking out for it; We Can Never Forget.

5 comments: